The summer of 2016 will mark the first year for the newly designed Youth Development and Leadership program. The program has six key features:
- Alignment of Weekly Topics with the Adult Life Skills program to encourage discussion among parents and children. Topics include: Financial Education and Employment, Decision Making and Values, Conflict, Fear, and Vulnerability, Community Building and Cross Cultural Understanding, Chemical Health, Transportation. Environmental Studies, Coding, Manners and Hygiene, Exercise/Health and Wellness, and Personal Development and Leadership Opportunities are built into each day of the summer program.
- Experiential Learning
- Utilizing Community Speakers
- Personal and Leadership Development
- Community Engagement – gardening, volunteerism, leadership opporunities
- Technology Literacy – Coding